- BRITEX. A San Francisco landmark since 1952, Britex is a must-visit for designers, sewers, do-it-yourself-ers and anyone seeking creative inspiration. The four story, family-run store contains fabrics, laces, ribbons, notions and buttons from around the world, plus a knowledgeable and multilingual staff of over 40 employees. With a careful blend of innovation and tradition, Britex features textiles from up-and-coming designers and fashion icons such as Roberto Cavalli, Diane von Furstenberg, Salvatore Ferragamo, Giorgio Armani and many others... and every piece in the store represents over 50 years of commitment to quality. Our selection includes, wool, cashmere, boucle, silk, lace, Japanese indigo, Liberty of London, home décor, buttons, lace trim, appliqués, vintage ribbon, patterns, remnants, utility fabric, leather, faux fur.
- DISCOUNT FABRICS. Discount Fabrics began as a small warehouse over three decades ago in San Francisco's Mission District. Owner and founder Ronald Blake got a tip that fabrics were a hot commodity. With brilliance and a strong customer base he and now daughter Linda have made Discount Fabrics one of the top fabric stores in Northern California. Recently 3rd generation and son of Linda, Nick Blake has joined the team and manages the Berkeley store, so look for updates at that location. We have been featured on the hot home improvement television network HGTV, and work regularly with some of the top party planners in the Bay Area.
- FABRIC OUTLET. Fabric Outlet Fueling the creative spirit of San Francisco since 1995, Fabric Outlet is the perfect place for all you fabric and trim lovers. We offer over 11,000 square feet of affordably priced fabrics, trims, notions, patterns, and more, to supply, inspire, and assist your creative vision. The majority of our fabrics are discounted between 25% and 75% off every day! Sign up on our mailing list, like us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter to receive advance notice about our amazing 40% off sales.
- FABRIX. Fabrix has been in it's San Francisco location since 1993.Fabrix is an Outlet store. It features surplus and closeout fabrics and trims from Designers,Manufacturers and Mills. Most fabrics are priced at less than wholesale . * There is normally about 25,000 yards at store to choose from. * A truck load of fabric( at least 2000 yards) is delivered every week. * Because of the way we buy fabric it is not reorderable so be sure and get enough as it may be out of stock if you need more for your project.
- MENDEL'S. Mendel's opened on Haight Street in 1952, by our founder and namesake Mendel Herscowitz (my grandfather) and has operated continuously and family owned since then. The original store was at the corner of Haight and Masonic . We moved to our present location, between Clayton and Ashbury, in 1968. Running stores is kind of in our family blood. Mendel had a "5 and dime" store on Haight Street in in the early fifties (called B&L 5 and Dime -- named for his daughters Bette and Louise). Mendel's parents had grocery store in Daly City in the early 1900's. Bette bought the business from Mendel in 1978.